Spence-Chapin provides free options counseling for pregnant women & biological parents.
If you are unsure about parenting, you have choices in creating the best plan for your baby or child. This is your decision and we are here to help.
- FREE, confidential, and unbiased pregnancy options counseling.
- We will visit you anywhere in the New York City metro area! (Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Bronx, Long Island, the Hudson Valley, Westchester, New Jersey and Connecticut)
- We cover pregnancy related expenses.
- We can connect you to quality prenatal care.
- FREE interpreters and our staff speaks English, Spanish, and Chinese.
- Considering adoption? Click to read FAQs online.
Not sure if you are pregnant or seeking medical help? Here are resources to explore:
Medical and Prenatal Care
These providers offer medical and prenatal care and answer questions related to pregnancy:
Text and Online chat with Planned Parenthood:
Text “PPNOW” to 774636 (PPINFO) · www.plannedparenthood.org/all-access/chat
Choices Women Medical Center
Women’s Health Services:
147-32 Jamaica Ave, Jamaica, NY 11435
(718) 534-3800 · www.choicesmedical.com
Health services in Manhattan:
227 Madison St, New York, NY 10002
(212) 238-7000 · www.gothamhealth.org/centers/gouverneur.html
MIC Women’s Health
Centers in Brooklyn serve the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and Staten Island (718) 522-1144 · healthsolutions.org/mic
National: 800-230-PLAN (7526) – for routing to local resources
New York City: (212) 965-7000
26 Bleecker St · (Manhattan)
21-41 45th Rd · (Queens)
44 Court Street, 6th Floor · (Brooklyn)
2nd Floor, 349 E 149th Street · (Bronx)
23 Hyatt Street · (Staten Island)
Ironbound Health Center:
70 Adams St #13, Newark, NJ 07105
Chubb Health Center:
240 Mulberry St, Newark, NJ 07105
East Orange Health Center:
560 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd #100, East Orange, NJ 07018
Montclair Health Center:
29 N Fullerton Ave, Montclair, NJ 07042
Elizabeth Health Center:
1150 Dickinson St, Elizabeth, NJ 07201
Englewood Health Center:
46 N Van Brunt St, Englewood, NJ 07631
North of NYC:
Yonkers Health Center:
20 S Broadway, Yonkers, NY 10701
White Plains Health Center:
175 Tarrytown Rd, White Plains, NY 10607
Hempstead Health Center:
540 Fulton Ave, Hempstead, NY 11550
Glen Cove Health Center:
110 School St, Glen Cove, NY 11542
West Islip Health Center:
180 Sunrise Hwy, West Islip, NY 11795
Smithtown Health Center:
70 Maple Ave, Smithtown, NY 11787
Stamford Health Center:
35 6th St, Stamford, CT 06905
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Lifenet: 1-800-LIFENET (1-800-543-3638) is a free, confidential help line for New York City residents available 24/7. The hotline’s staff of trained mental health professionals help callers find mental health and substance abuse services.
- Suicide Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 or website: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org.
- NYC Well: 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355) 24/7 Suicide prevention and crisis counseling, Peer support and short-term counseling via telephone, text and web, Assistance scheduling appointments or accessing other mental health services, Follow-up to check that you have connected to care
- NJ Family Help Line: 1-800-THE KIDS (1-800-843-5437) If you’re feeling stressed out, call the Family Helpline and work through your frustrations before a crisis occurs.
ADDITIONAL COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- Health Hotlines for Moms: partners.text4baby.org/index.php/health-info-for-moms
- NYC Sexual Health Clinics: Health Department Sexual Health Clinics provide low- to no-cost services www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/services/sexual-health-clinics.page
- Prenatal Care Assistance Program (PCAP): Medicaid and WIC for low-income pregnant and newly parenting women in New York State, 1-800-522-5006
- NYC Women’s Health Services: Comprehensive prenatal and family planning services, 866-642-5589
- NJ Family Care: Insurance for low-income, pregnant and newly-parenting women and their families 1-800-701-0710 www.njfamilycare.org
- NJWIC State Office: 609-292-9560 www.state.nj.us
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233)
- NYC Parent Helpline: 1-800-CHILDREN (244-5373)
- South Hampton Women Infants and Children (WIC) Program: 631-268-1020
- Suffolk County Perinatal Coalition: 631-475-5400
- Nassau County WIC Program: 516-571-1WIC (1942)
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, are in danger, or are feeling suicidal, call 911 immediately.