Research tells us that children who were adopted have a higher rate of ADHD as compared to children who were not adopted. Spence-Chapin has a long history of providing support services to the adoption community and developed an ADHD and emotional regulation treatment plan to meet the needs of children with ADHD and their families.
WHAT IS ADHD
ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is a brain disorder that exhibits high levels of inattentiveness, impulsivity, hyperactivity, and emotional dysregulation in multiple settings.
The affected population can improve with treatment and stable environment. Spence-Chapin’s licensed professionals use evidence based assessment tools, provide parents with behavioral management training, and offer educators child-specific classroom interventions and techniques. They provide a holistic and personalized ADHD treatment plan for every child and maximize its effectiveness by partnering with parents, teachers, school psychologists, and school counselors. Spence-Chapin can help your child develop the skills and self-esteem necessary to manage ADHD with little to no medication.
TIPS AND TOOLS FOR PARENTS
Your child can’t manage ADHD alone.
- Get educated – learn from videos, books and articles, informative websites, and more!
Spence-Chapin’s Modern Family Center helps parents learn about ADHD and other conditions that accompany it.
- Reward good behaviors and discourage destructive ones.
- Make a routine and stick to it. Consistency is key.
- Break tasks up – taking small 20-30 minute breaks during homework time can make a huge difference.
- Prepare for the next day – ensure everything is ready to go in the morning. This will keep your family organized and on time. We’re committed to supporting and advocating for children with ADHD and their families. Watch our interactive ADHD training video to learn more.